Have you made time for a checkup and cleaning? We urge our patients and their families in Kansas City, MO, to make time to see us for an exam and to have their teeth cleaned. These visits offer a number of benefits for the health and appearance of our smiles.
The Benefits of Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- Treat Problems Before They Grow: If ignored, a cavity becomes an infection or even a lost tooth. If left untreated, gingivitis could lead to gum disease and eventually periodontitis, causing tooth loss. As you can see, minor problems could become something more unless addressed. With a checkup, we carefully examine your smiles for signs of trouble and offer treatment to address issues in the earliest possible stages. We will often look for warning signs of tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease, TMJ disorder, and bruxism, employing digital technology to obtain a detailed picture of your smile’s health.
- Prevent Tooth Decay and Gum Disease: A cleaning removes all plaque and tartar from the smile. Removing these bacterial byproducts reduces the risk of enamel erosion and gum inflammation, protecting smiles from cavities and even gum disease. People of all ages benefit from regular cleanings, so schedule yours soon!
- Receive an Oral Cancer Screening: For adults, we will screen for oral cancer once a year. Oral cancer has a particularly high mortality rate because the disease is rarely caught in the early stages. However, regular screenings mean a greater chance of identifying the disease early, and a greater chance of a full recovery for the patient.
- Enjoy Fresh Breath (and Brighter Teeth): Did you know that plaque buildup could make the appearance of stains more severe, and also cause bad breath? As a result, having your routine dental cleanings mean brighter smiles and fresher breath! Yet more reasons to see us every six months.
- Instill Good Habits: For our younger patients, we will take the opportunity in these visits to discuss proper brushing and flossing, helping kids understand their oral health and the importance of taking steps to maintain it. Kids will be more likely to properly brush and floss, and take steps to ensure healthy smiles in the future. We will also help our teen and adult patients gain a better grasp of their smiles and what steps need to be taken to prevent pain, disease, and injury. If you have any questions, then please contact our team today!
Ready for Your Next Exam?
Let’s make this summer the season we tackle your oral health issues and help you enjoy a healthier smile. To learn more about our preventive treatment options, then please schedule a consultation by calling Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry of Kansas City, MO, today at 816-897-4288.